Topic : The Roles And Responsibilities of a HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer
Discussions, presentation, and webinars regarding HIPAA regulations are usually addressed from the perspective of what the regulations entail, the necessity of compliance with the regulations, and the consequences of willful neglect or non-compliance.
This presentation addresses HIPAA regulations from a different perspective – from a personal perspective – from the perspective of the person in charge of moving an organization or facility out of “willful neglect” of HIPAA, and toward full compliance with these complex government regulations.
The by-product of this presentation will be both an understanding of, and a detailed job description for, a position mandated in the regulations – the HIPAA Security/Privacy Officer.
Why should you attend this webinar?
The HIPAA regulations are numerous, complicated, often vague, and affect every person working in a healthcare facility. Compliance with HIPAA will require a unique individual to lead the charge – an individual whose education, background, experience, and demonstrated skill sets offer the opportunity for that person to succeed in achieving the goals of that position.
This is a new position to most healthcare facilities. So the objective of this presentation is for the audience to understand:
Who this person should be
What is required of the person with this job title
With whom this person will interface
Understanding these things is vital to every healthcare organization with the goal of having the right person in this position, so that full compliance with HIPAA can be achieved.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- This presentation dives deep into the three (3) key things on which the HIPAA Security/Privacy Officer must focus.
- Position goals
- Position requirements (education, experience, skill sets, etc.)
- Position responsibilities –
- Stay abreast of regulations
- Initiate compliance with HIPAA (according to regulations)
- Ensure continuous progress toward full compliance
- Develop appropriate security/privacy policies & procedures
- Oversee and deliver appropriate training programs to all employees
- Track compliance with HIPAA regulations at the facility & individual levels
- Track access to PHI
- Investigate and resolve HIPAA violations
- Apply sanctions to HIPAA violators
- Manage any information security personnel
- Prepare a department budget
- Hold Business Associates accountable for their own compliance with HIPAA
Who can Benefit:
- Someone interested in becoming a HIPAA Security/Privacy Officer
- Someone who will make the decision for hiring a person for this position
- Practice/Hospital Administrators
- MD’s and healthcare professionals
- IT professionals
- Facility managers
- Business Associates of healthcare facilities
- Any person who deals directly or indirectly with protected health information (PHI or e Phi)
Speaker Profile :
Howard Jones is keynote speaker at ComplianceKey. He has been an independent consultant to physicians and hospitals since 1980. He has provided services related to practice management and regulatory compliance issues, selection of billing/EMR systems, and the design of EMR templates for practices and EMR vendors. He has focused on providing services related to healthcare regulations since 1992.
Contact Info :
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +1 717-208-8666