Designing and Measuring Engagement in Behavior Change Interventions
Dustin DiTommaso, SVP, Behavior Change Design, Mad*Pow
Aidan Hudson-Lapore, Behavior Change Designer, Mad*Pow
Engagement is a prerequisite to any successful behavior change intervention, but engagement alone doesn’t guarantee a beneficial outcome. If we want to improve outcomes by improving engagement, we need a clear understanding of what characterizes meaningful engagement, how to design for it, and how to measure it. Despite designers’ every effort to convince, entice, seduce, trigger, or hook users into interacting with digital technologies, engagement with digital interventions is typically low. In this one-hour webinar, we’ll briefly cover relevant theories and empirical findings from the engagement literature, introduce a multi-disciplinary model of engagement, and end by taking a deep dive into features and techniques for promoting effective engagement in practice. Relevant case studies will also be covered, and we will discuss possible applications for challenges such as medication adherence and more.
You will learn
- The behavioral and experiential components that make up engagement
- What design features and behavior change techniques are most conducive to engagement and how to apply these to your interventions.
- Be exposed to examples of how best tailor content, features, interactions & behavior change techniques to support patients and their specific needs and contexts
- Different methods for how to measure engagement.
- How to establish “effective engagement” with your intervention or service to achieve desired outcomes.
Who Should Attend:
- Innovation/Digital Transformation Team members
- Digital Production Managers, Directors, Leads
- Patient Support Services
- Market Access Directors
- Anyone working in adherence
About the Sponsors
Mad*Pow leverages strategic design and the psychology of motivation to create innovative experiences and compelling digital solutions that are good for people and good for business. Our senior team of designers, strategists, behavior change experts, researchers, technologists, and creative thinkers are focused on helping our clients with Experience Innovation and Research, Service Design and Strategy, Behavior Change, and Digital Solutions.For more information please visit www.madpow.com.