At PharmaVOICE, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
2. What personal information is held about you and how do we use it?
Information that you provide to us:
PharmaVOICE collects personal data in the course of its day-to-day work. The nature of this work is outlined below, together with a summary of the data collected and the legal basis for processing.
The personal information we collect from you when you use our products or services includes name, email address, postal address, telephone number, company name, company type, job function, and job title.
We will use this personal information:
To fulfil our obligations to the registered users of our products and services. The legal basis for processing your personal information to meet these obligations is ‘Contractual Need’. To send you personalized communications for which you have asked or may be of interest to you. These may include information about our publications, webinars, events, surveys, product and service announcements, and promotions of our associated products and services. The legal basis for processing your personal information for this purpose is ‘Legitimate Interest’. PharmaVOICE uses automated decision-making and profiling to personalize and ensure the communications are relevant to you, with no significant effect on you or your rights. The legal basis for processing your personal information for this purpose is ‘Legitimate Interest’. This personal information may be made available to third-party recipients for direct marketing of their products or services by inclusion in PharmaVOICE’s commercial dataset. The legal basis for processing your personal information for this purpose is ‘Legitimate Interest’.
3. How will my personal information be shared?
We share information, including personal information, with trusted third-party service providers that we use to provide hosting for and maintenance of our websites and databases. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use the personal information that we share with them for their marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
PharmaVOICE will, in certain circumstances, disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that this is necessary to:
Protect and defend the rights or property of PharmaVOICE.
Act as circumstances required to protect the personal safety of our registered users or the public.
The lists of categories for our third-party recipients are as follows:
- Company type
- Drug delivery
- Device, diagnostic, or equipment
- Contract research
- Drug development/Clinical trials consulting
- Clinical study/Investigative site (incl. Academic, Medical research)
- Trial/Site management
- Information technology
- Marketing/Communication supplier (incl. Ad agency/Branding/Electronic/Med. Ed./ Public relations/etc.)
- Service (incl. Analyst/Attorney/Consultant/etc.)
- Media (incl. Print/Electronic)
- Other (incl. Gov’t agency/Association/University)
- Job function
- Corporate management
- Marketing management
- Product management
- Medical Education management
- Sales management
- Information technology management
- Marketing research
- R&D/Project management
- Scientific review, analysis, consulting
- Clinical trial management
- Clinical monitoring/Investigative site management
- Clinical trials/GCP auditing/QA/QC
- Regulatory affairs/Compliance
- Data management/Analysis/Bioinformatics
- Laboratory Analysis
- Advertising management
- Account management (acct. supvr., acct. exec., etc.)
- Media/promotion management
You can opt out of having your information shared with third parties at the point at which you share it with us and when you receive any subsequent communication from us.
Information provided to us by third parties
We will use this personal information:
To combine with information we have collected directly from you to send you personalized communications that may be of interest to you. These may include information about our publications, webinars, events, surveys, product and service announcements, and promotions of our associated products and services. The legal basis for processing your personal information for this purpose is ‘Legitimate Interest’. This personal information may be made available to third-party recipients for direct marketing of their product or services by inclusion in PharmaVOICE commercial dataset. The legal basis for processing your personal information for this purpose is ‘Legitimate Interest’.
In this context, the third parties will have given individuals the opportunity to object to the use of personal information for this purpose.
4. How long will you retain my personal information?
We will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the product or service that you’ve elected to receive from us.
For personal information used by us for our own direct marketing purposes, we will retain the data while accurate or responsive and, if not, no longer actively use after 5 years.
Personal information obtained from third parties for our commercial dataset will be recompiled on a regular basis to ensure the data is up to date and relevant.
5. How is my personal information kept secure?
PharmaVOICE is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We will use a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
PharmaVOICE secures the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. PharmaVOICE ensures personal information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, when transmitted to other websites. We aim to have all our websites using SSL protocol.
6. What are my choices with my personal information?
PharmaVOICE is committed to enable you to control how your data is used and processed. You can review, edit, or delete your personal information by filling out the form on the Contact Page.
Your rights concerning your personal information are:
- You can ask about the personal information we hold about you and we will show you.
- You can ask us to correct your personal information, and we will update the details and inform you when completed.
- You can object to your data being processed, and we will stop processing your data once it is no longer required to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations.
- You can object to receiving direct marketing communications from us, and we will stop all communications by channel (email, postal, telephone, or SMS) or within certain subject areas. Additionally, any direct marketing communications you receive from us will always include a clear, simple method to ‘opt-out’ of future communications by channel.
- You can ask for your personal information to be erased once no longer required for performance of contract or legal obligations, which we will complete by keeping the minimal personal details to ensure we do not contact you again. Any request by you to discontinue the use of your personal information by third parties for commercial data information will be completed.
PharmaVOICE uses ‘cookies’ to help personalize and enhance your online experience when visiting our website.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Remarketing is a way to connect with people who previously interacted with our website. It allows PharmaVOICE to strategically position ads in front of our audience as they browse Google or its partner websites.
A Remarketing Tag by Google exists on PharmaVOICE’s website that marks our website visitors and adds them to a list. This list contains visitors from the prior 365 days. It does not collect personal data for the visitors.
You can opt out of, or withdraw consent for, retargeting by contacting us. Additionally, you can opt out of personalized advertising by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
9. Your right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner Office
You are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner Office (www.ico.org.uk).
10. Changes to this Policy
PharmaVOICE, a PharmaLinx LLC publication
PO Box 327
Titusville, NJ 08560
If you wish to change how we process your data or update your marketing communication preferences, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Contact Preferences
Thank you for your interest in our products or services. We’re sure you’ll enjoy them, but, if at any time in the future you wish to discontinue, then simply email email@example.com and let us know which product or service you’d like us to stop.
PharmaVOICE may wish to contact you about related products, events, surveys, special offers, and services that we think you might enjoy. If you would prefer not to receive these communications, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, we would like to contact you with business-focused messages, special offers, and information from other partner organizations that we think may be of interest to you. These will always be relevant, and you can opt out at any time. If you would prefer not to receive communications of this nature, please email: email@example.com.
GDPR Data Processing Preferences