The International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP)
Tarrytown, New York, January 14, 2021 – The International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP) today announced that it will assume the organizational leadership of Medical Publishing Insights & Practices (MPIP), in a cooperative transfer of organization responsibilities, conducted in alignment with MPIP leadership and MPIP co-sponsors.
MPIP was founded by members of the pharmaceutical industry and ISMPP to elevate trust, transparency, and integrity in reporting the results of industry-sponsored research. Key objectives of MPIP have been to:
- Encourage more effective partnership between sponsors and journals to raise standards in medical publications and expand access to research results
- Enhance the understanding of issues and challenges in reporting the results of industry-sponsored research and develop tools to improve transparency and credibility
“MPIP has had great success in achieving its mission since the organization was founded in 2008. Various synergies exist among ISMPP and MPIP that will aid in ensuring an efficient transfer of MPIP’s assets to ISMPP’s leadership,” stated Robert J. Matheis, President and CEO, ISMPP. “On behalf of ISMPP and the MPIP co-sponsors, I express our heartfelt appreciation to Bernadette Mansi for her strong, consistent leadership of MPIP throughout the past 12 years.”
Current corporate co-sponsors of MPIP include Amgen, Bayer, Biogen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Janssen Research & Development LLC, Merck, and Pfizer.
Information about MPIP and its initiatives can be found at www.mpip-initiative.org.
About ISMPP: The International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP) is a not-for-profit organization established in 2005, that exists to advance the medical publication and communication professions globally through:
- enhanced integrity and transparency in medical publications and wider communications
- improved standards and best practices
- education, advocacy, and professional collaborations
ISMPP comprises more than 1,800 members, with representation from all stakeholders involved in the publication and communication of medical research. www.ismpp.org.
Press Contact: Anna Geraci, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-847-544-8605