Evidera Policy Trends Update: CADTH Launches Parallel Scientific Advice Programs with NICE and Health Canada
In April 2019, members of Evidera’s Policy Trends team had the opportunity to speak with scientific staff members from the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) to discuss new opportunities available through CADTH’s scientific advice services.
Read the fell article: http://bit.ly/EvideraJul2019
Key points in the paper:
- CADTH recently launched two parallel scientific advice programs with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and Health Canada
- The parallel advice offering between CADTH and NICE allows for synergies between the two programs to streamline the process of obtaining advice in two distinct markets
- The parallel scientific advice processes allow manufacturers to confirm a single approach for their evidence generation plans that meets the needs of both organizations
- CADTH’s scientific advice offers the manufacturer the opportunity to verbally received and discuss actual draft advice dur the face-to-face meeting and raise points of clarification in real time, which differs from that of European HTA bodies
- Other Canadian policy developments to watch for in the coming months include the creation of a new agency for drug efficacy evaluation and pricing negotiation
Evidera will continue to monitor industry changes and provide policy updates that affect the development and commercialization of new drug treatments.
Read the full article: http://bit.ly/EvideraJul2019